When it comes to roof replacement, our Metal Retrofit Systems offer long-term, cost-effective solutions that meet the needs of most buildings. The Metal Retrofit System starts with the existing metal roof, custom-cut insulation fills the flutes, another layer of insulation is added to ensure a flat surface and increase the R-value, and then a single-ply membrane is either mechanically fastened or adhered to the top. No tear-off is necessary.
Metal Retrofit System Advantages
- Preserves the existing metal roof to prevent further deterioration
- Creates a stable system by reducing expansion and contraction
- Provides a roof system that reduces noise for occupants
- Improves R-value and can help reduce energy costs
- Directly installed over existing roof eliminating costly removal
- No business disturbance
- Systems are backed by industry-leading warranties
Benefits of Polyiso
- InsulBase Polyiso insulation provides the highest R-value per inch of commercially available insulation products
- Zero ozone-depleting components, HFC- and HCFC-free formulation
- Approved for direct application to steel decks
the capacity of an insulating material to resist heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.
R = R value
ΔT = Temperature difference between the warmer surface and colder surface of a barrier.
ϕq = Heat flux thru the barrier
Metal Retrofit System Steps
The metal retrofit roofing system is applied right over your existing metal deck. No tear-off required.
Insulation is cut and placed to fill the flutes.
Another layer of insulation is added to ensure a flat surface and increase the R-value.
The prefabricated membrane is mechanically fastened to the deck over the insulation
Prefabricated flashings for stacks and other penetrations are heat welded on site to create a monolithic covering and assure a leakproof seal.
Not sure if the Metal Retrofit System is right for your facility?
Contact us to get a no obligation consult and inspection today!